RE: Zend refuses to include file while parser finds it

Yes, I know that Apache works on Windows, but I just don't feel like having
two Web servers on the same box.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jochem Maas [mailto:jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 4:28 PM
To: Nicolas Verhaeghe
Cc: 'Eric Butera'; 'php'
Subject: Re:  Zend refuses to include file while parser finds it

Nicolas Verhaeghe wrote:
> Thanks to all the messages let me answer to all of them at once.
>
> First, I'd like to have a dedicated Linux server, but I cannot have
> too many machines in my home office, unfortunately. I also develop ASP
> Web sites and I find that PHP is usually IIS compatible.

*usually*

  besides apache on windows is also possible - and running 2 webservers is
also not a problem.

> There is no reason why I should not run PHP on IIS on a Windows
> machine.

many beg to differ. :-)

> Also the site works perfectly on Apache hosted on a Linux box.
>
> This include problem is therefore not server related.
>
> It therefore has to be a Zend issue.

it works on LAMP but not on WIMP zo it must be Zend - I think I missed
something in the logic there, heh it's late ;-)

> The Zend debugger will accept the links to the includes when I call
> the include from the include point of view itself.
>
> Meaning that if the calling include is in the "includes" folder, and
> the called include in the same folder, Zend will expect it to be
> called this
> way:
>
> include("include.php");
>
> But this previous code will not work on the IIS or Apache server,
> which expect the following:
>
> include("includes/include.php");
>
> And this wherever you are on the server.

is your include path changing at some point?

> I think there is something that I need to fix in Zend itself.

Zend is closed source, so that is going to be tough and with regard to your
env. Zend [debugger] should be completely agnostic - things should run the
same with or without it.

> I also wonder if I could not redefine the include folder locally, so
> that both Zend and the API picks it up and agree with each other.
>
> Do you think that an .htaccess could do the job? I had problems with
> such a file on Windows.

not if your using IIS. or are you now using Apache - I'm really confused!

> Otherwise I like Zend as an editor so far but I'd love to be able to
> use all the features.

run the debugger on a local apache - I swear to <pick a deity> that it will
be alot more stable.