Re: cgi.fix_pathinfo and iis 5

Mariano Guadagnini wrote:

Hi people,
I have the following issue: I´m using PHP 5 on IIS 5 and Windows XP Pro, and when trying to pass values through the path to my scripts, iis rejects them. After some googling, I found an advice to set AllowPathInfoForScriptMappings variable in iis, but it didn't work either. Finally, I ended up with a solution i found somewhere else, enabling cgi.fix_pathinfo in php.ini . The thing is, that when i restart the server, it seems that php doesn't recognize such variable, as it doesn't apper on phpinfo or ini_get() neither. That looks weird, because in documentation is clearly stated that this variable is available since PHP 4.3.0 .
What can I do to have that setting enabled?

seeing as it has the letters 'CGI' in the ini setting name would
make me think that it's a setting that is only relevant to the cgi
version of php - and I would wager that your probably running the ISS
php module instead - but you don't say which so I'm guessing.

for the rest refer to John Wells' post.

Thanks in advance,

Mariano Guadagnini.

Any ideas?