credit card purchase and downloads

hi guys,

I'm planning to add paid downloads of some speech files on one of my customers
website. Basically I want people to be able to pay for a speech and then be able
to download it.

it's the first time I wanna do anything like this, so I was thinking to myself
to do it this way:

when they pay for a file, I generate a session, that includes file name and
username and is in md5 format. then I store this session to a mysql database.

anytime the customer wants to click on a file to download it, I'll make the same
session again and check the mysql table to see if it exists. if it does, then he
can download it.

the problem that I can think might happen is that the file names are not
changable. you can't rename a file, and if you delete it, and add another file
with the same name later, it'll give access to everyone.

Any idea if this is a good way to do this or not? any better suggestions? is
this secured?

thanks a lot,
Siavash Miri