Re: How to execute multiples querys

Mauricio Pellegrini a écrit :
Hi all

I'm trying to execute two querys and they execute perfectly in fact,
but after the execution of the first query there suposed to be some
variable setted to a certain value.
The problem is this variable is not available at the time the second
query runs.
I`ll try to explain a little bit further

//This is my first query
$quer1=" SET @var1=3 ";//Here I`m suposed to set the value for var1 to 3
mysql_query($quer1);

// This is query #2

$query2="SELECT * from table1 where col1=@var1 "//Here @var1 doesn`t
exist
why don't you build the second query directly with the value ?
$query2 = "SELECT * from table where col1=".$value;

why do you need a query to set @VAR1=3 ?
(do you plan to use @VAR in another query ?).

N F

That wasn't really my first attempt. Originally
I've tryied the whole thing in just one single query but mysql gave me
an error message complinning about the semicolon

Please look at this

$quer1 = "SET @var1=3 ;
	SELECt * from table1 Where col1=@var1 " ;

This gave a syntax error from MySQL inmmediately before the ";"
(semicolon),

Please any help greatefully appreciated

Thanks Mauricio