Re: Upload Progress Meter - what's the latest?

On Tue, April 25, 2006 9:23 pm, D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
> Richard Lynch wrote:
>> On Tue, April 25, 2006 5:28 pm, D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
>>
>>> Everything PHP returns from a server is "client side", so your
>>>
>> Oh yeah.  I forgot to say...
>> The above presumption is patently false.
>>

> Let me clarify:  Assuming client/server architecture, if PHP is on the
> server side then something else needs to be on the client side to
> interpret the output of the PHP server.  That output is what PHP
> returns
> and it is interpreted and rendered on the client side by definition.
>
> Alternatively:  If it is not meant for the client to receive, it is
> not
> (should not) be output by PHP.

Guess I'd better throw away all my command-line scripts and cron jobs,
and all my PHP GTK half-finished projects, and...

Plus, all the times I've got a web page that initiates some
asynchronous process and outputs only a tiny fraction of its output to
the browser, while generating a GREAT DEAL of output elsewhere.

:-)

Maybe we're just posting at cross-purposes here, but PHP does a hell
of a lot more than spit out HTML web pages...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm