Using linkDisplayFields of FormBuilder

Hello all,

I've successfully generated my DataObjects for my database and have a set of objects that extend these generated classes so that my logic is separate from the generated code (so that any slight schema changes won't overwrite my code).

My question concerns using FormBuilder to change the displayfield for a linked dataobject. For example, I have table1 and table2. table1 is extended by table1extended class. I create a do from this extended class and pass that to formbuilder. table1 has a link to table2, but I'd like to make table2 use a different field when being displayed by the form generated for table1 *without having to place the fb_linkDisplayField variable into the generated do for table2*. I'd prefer to keep that out of the do. Putting it in the extendedtable2 class is alright, but how do I make formbuilder see that class instead of the base do that is generated? Even better, I'd like to be able to effect the way table2 is displayed in a form(s) generated from table1 from the page that is creating that form. (Page one with a form displays table2's name field, while page two with a form displays one of table2's other fields).

This may fall more into how to structure my application. I want to separate the generated do code from my 'business logic' and separate the form/display details from the business logic.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom