Re: phpmailer problem with spam score

Merlin wrote:
  HTML_TAG_BALANCE_BODY, MIME_HTML_MOSTLY, SARE_OBFU_PART_ING

Is there something I can do about this?

These headers are coming from SpamAssassin. I suggest you look at their docs for definitions of what the X-Spam-hits mean.

From my fairly limited memory I can tell you (subject to being very wrong) that...

BAYES_50: Bayesian tests give it a 50% chance of being spam
FORGED_RCVD_HELO: Your server did not correctly identify itself when it connected to the destination SMTP server
HTML_MESSAGE: Message contains HTML
HTML_TAG_BALANCE_BODY: HTML is not syntactically correct
MIME_HTML_MOSTLY: The message is MIME, but there is no plain text version

As I said I haven't actually looked these up, but I suggest you do. The things you need to do to prevent your messages getting high scores from spam filters are fairly simple, but they need to be researched to get it right.

Hope that helps.

-Stut