Re: PHP Standard style of writing your code

Hmmm.  It would be Really Nifty if some fancy IDE out there would
automatically render one's PHP code in the style preferred by the
developer...

So no matter what was actually typed, *I* would see:

function foo ($x) {
  //body
}

but some heretic who doesn't know any better would see:
function foo($x)
{
  //body
}

Now *THAT* would be a feature worth paying for in an IDE! :-)

Gimme the code layout I want!

Actually, if I remember correctly, Macromedia Flash IDE does just that. You determine what layout style you want and it complies.

As for style, I personally like:

function myFunction($x)   // dislike "foo"
    {
    // body
    }

In fact, I indent all blocks, but then again, I don't know any better. Been there more than once. :-)

tedd