Second, yes, it's a good thing to learn to use your Outlook Express before
joining a mailing list.

</snip>

#1  I do post in plain text

#2 The problem wasn't with OE, it was with the server not accepting the posts (because it hadn't been made clear that you had to register an email address before the server would accept posts from that address - DUH!

:-)

Now all I need to find out is how to NOT keep getting the email digests (It seems likely that if I unsubscribe from the list [in order to not get the mailings] I will not then be able to post via NNTP........... 8>)