Re: CMS for Auto Parts

On Sat, April 22, 2006 11:02 am, CK wrote:
> I've been commissioned to design a web application for auto parts
> sales. The Flash Front end will communicate with a MySQL DB via PHP.
> In addition, PHP/XML should be used with a client-side Web GUI to
> upload images, part no., descriptions and inventory into the DB; a
> Product Management System.

Except for the Flash part, you're pretty much described a "PHP
Shopping Cart" which is a recurring, make that never-ending, thread
here.

Your Flash <-> MySQL part...  Well, unless you want to use Ming which
uses PHP to generate Flash movies on the fly, it's pretty much not
really a topic you'll find much knowledge about on this list.

I guess I'm saying that you actually have TWO different modular
systems to find/write and integrate:

#1. PHP Shopping Cart for the store backend.
#2. Flash <-> MySQL for the store front-end.

You can take out "auto parts" in your Google searches, because,
really, it doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot if you sell auto parts
or llama saddles, the basic principles of the software behind the CMS
are the same.

I think if you Google for the separate systems, without auto parts,
you're gonna be overwhelmed by the answers rather than having slim
pickings.  Which might be a different problem altogether, but you can
find shopping cart recommendations in the archives from the past two
days, weeks, months, or years, take your pick.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm