Re: Using Header() to pass information...

On 2006-04-22, Todd Cary <todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I use
>
>    if ($send)
>      header("location: mypage.php?message=" . $message);
>
> the data ($message) is passed in the URL.  Is there a way to pass
> the data as though it was a POST method i.e. not in the URL?

It's impossible to change the HTTP method. So if your user-agent is
performing a GET request, a location header would result in another GET
request. Thus, unless you are using a POST method (which is odd since
you wrote that the variables are in the URL) it's not possible.

What you could do is write it into $_SESSION (and call
session_write_close before you redirect)
Or you could stuff it yourself in $_POST and include/require mypage.php

Btw, there are browsers that don't handle a relative URL for redirection
very well. I suggest that you use an absolute URL (as written in
RFC2616 section 14.30)

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Tim Van Wassenhove <http://timvw.madoka.be>