RE: Creating an OO Shopping Cart

[snip]

Some guys are shaking their heads in denial on this, but I swear to god, I
have seen it.  I am not making this [bleep] up.  Credit card numbers have
been sitting for YEARS in some boutique home-rolled shopping cart system
MySQL database with the oh-so-clever username/password of nobody/nobody or
www/www

[/snip]

I know what you are talking about, I have seen that type of tables with
literally thousands of CC numbers collected over the years, along with name
on the card and expiry, of course.

As a programmer it is your duty to report this to your client and to keep
track, because if one day someone resells this list, you could be liable.

Unless, of course, you are a Soprano.