Re: PHP Script to open phpBB2 accounts

tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The idea of creating a phpBB user when a weberdev one is created has merit, but I'm not sure I saw anyone recommend doing the opposite?

Since you have a fair idea of how weberdev creates users (since you created it) why not insert some PHP code into phpBB to create a weberdev account when someone creates a phpBB account?

Or is that not possible.

having read the whole thread I like to say:

1. we should be paying John Nichel for his comic input (aside from the fact that he
has lots of tips/advice/etc as well) - the man makes me laugh again and again
- and in this hectic world we work in that's a good thing.

2. for someone who has been on the list since 1998, taking a knife to phpBB
and integrating a 2-way synchronization wotsit between your user data and phpBB's
should be a piece of cake - maybe a big piece but cake none the less.

3. I do know of weberdev because it's often in the list of results when I search for
php related stuff - BUT I have also got to know that it's mainly full of beginner level
code/tips/etc, that's great for many people starting out in php but those of us on this
list who regularly post help/answers (& jokes ;-) it's not the kind of resource that of
any use - personally I aspire to write code on the level of people like Derick R., Chris S.,
Ilia A et al (to name a few) and not at the level of some kid who can barely find his way
to a search engine (that's not directed at you Berber, although there is one Indian chap
who is free to feel he is being implied ;-).

4. there is no spoon.

-TG