Re: Best way to start a CRON

Actually, you can even use less "code" to do exactly the same thing (since you can EITHER make an excutable file with the shebang, which you start doing, but never actually do, OR call php to just read the file and execute the code inside it, which you in the end do).

Basically, either:
#!/usr/local/bin/php -q (linux system - location of php bin)
at the top of the file, and make sure the crontab has execute permissions on that script,

OR

10 1 * * * root /usr/local/bin/php -q /script/CRONexport.php
and make sure your crontab has read permission on the php file (no need for the shebang).

As for the -q, I'm sure you meant HTTP headers and not HTML headers ;) (at least, I hope you did)

- tul

Pure Web Solution wrote:
I run several PHP scripts via CRON in the following way:

put the following in the top of the php script:

#!/usr/local/bin/php -q (linux system - location of php bin)

and in the CRONTAB I have the following:

10 1 * * * root /usr/local/bin/php -q /script/CRONexport.php

the -q supress HTML headers.

hope this helps!

Pure Web Solution
http://www.purewebsolution.co.uk
PHP, MYSQL, Web Design & Web Services

Barry <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Everyone!

What would be the best way to start a PHP Script via CRONJOB?
Should i use the 'php' command or use curl or lynx or something to
open that URL?

The Script does a MySQL query, collects data and sends it via E-Mail every monday morning to the recipient.

Any help will be appriciated :)

Barry