Re: New image already cached.

You're also better off embedding the parameters in the URL so that it
"looks like" a directory to the browser:

http://example.com/actual_script/57823642346963/copyright/whatever.png

The PHP scritp is actual_script.

You can use .htaccess and ForceType to make Apache run it.

$_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] will have all the parameters you need.

The embedded parameters pretty much give the browser NO opportunity to
screw up.

Richard:

Far out ! -- I never saw .htaccess and ForceType used before. But it works slick in dropping the extension of "program.php" to "program". (Now if I can only get my editor to still treat the document as php, but that's a different matter).

However, I don't see how I can generate a random number for a url each time an image is needed and have .htaccess and ForceType make Apache run it -- do I rewrite. htaccess each time, or what?

Also, $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] (or in my case $_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'] ) gives me the path -- so how does that fit in?

Please explain.

Thanks.

tedd