Re: Re: phpMyAdmin--resetting auto increments to 0

Jay Blanchard wrote:

[snip]
2. Reset the auto_increment in Operations to 101
[/snip]

This isn't another of those 'reseting the auto-increment' holy war
questions where you use the AI number as an identifier for the record,
is it?
Nope. And I have no intention of taking it there.

I just get obsessive and thorough when testing and then I don't like stale data in my database - so I like to reset everything. It would be better to backup before testing and then restore. Resetting the AI just makes it the same as if you had.

And my real question is about PhpMyAdmin and why it no longer seems to let you reset the AI using the Operations page. At least it doesn't on my machine - Windows XP - Apache/2.0.55 - PhpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl3.