Re: 2 questions: Search in array and detect JS

Hey Tedd / Robert,
Thanks for replying.

----------------------
 Tedd:
However, I read where one can detect if a user has cookies on by
sending a cookie and then reading it back. And considering that you
can send a cookie via js, you could do that. However, that would mean
that the user had to have both js and cookies on.---------------------

Yep, two things to worry about instead of one.

----------------------------
Tedd:
Second question. Unless I don't understand the problem, simply use a
loop and stristr().---------------------stristr() is a bit expensive, was
not too sure if I wanted to use that because I will be lookingin a array of
hundreds of movies (maybe even thousands)---------------------- Robert:It is
probably a better to approach this backwards. So load the non JS
page, and within it detect if javascript is enabled, in which case
perform a javascript based redirect to the Ajax enabled
page.---------------------Hmmm, makes sense and I have not used this method
before....will def check it out.---------------------- stripos() is a better
candidate since you are only looking for the
string and it skips the extra processing of
stristr().----------------------I am more familier with strstr and stristr
but will give stripos a look-see  too..Thanks,Ryan