Re: mysql and php

Display the different ways in which you've seen php using mysql, and we'll
see if any one of them is any more secure than another.

Most Security issues can be left to MySQL and the MySQL API.

A few pointers -
Store parameters(username/password) outside the DocuementRoot.
Put your server on local host - or create an ssh/ssl tunnel between the PHP
machine, and the DB.
Cast any numbers, and escape any strings. ( mysql_escape_string )

Configure mysql securely - this is outside the scope of an email.