Re: Text database instead of MySql (Recommendations / Advise also welcome)

Hey,

> You're in for a rough ride...Yep, sure looks like it.
-----------
Quadruple all your time estimates, and start by defining EXACTLY what
your app has to do, and EXACTLY how much data needs to from A to B to
C.-----------Wise words, have already done most of that, it was very
tempting to start coding immediatly but I have learnt my lessons well there,
never again.

> Then start looking for ways to do that efficiently, in theory.Yep, thats
how i came to this text database thing, and even this will be used very very
VERY sparingly, justfor some (search) select statements and just two tables
with a max of 9 fields each... nothing too fancy or impressive.
> Plus, make sure the tests prove that your results are correct, as well as
fast.Thats the tricky part... :-(

> All tests have to run on all sizes of datasets, and only the numbers from
100% have any real meaning.Point taken.

> If you start typing any PHP code too soon, you'll regret it quickly.Wise
words, but been there...wont happen again (I hope), shooting from the hip is
fun...its when the shots dont hit thatthe fun fades really fast.

Thanks for the advise.Cheers,Ryan