Re: CURLOPT_BINARYTRANSFER [SOLVED]

On Tue, April 11, 2006 3:56 pm, Richard Lynch wrote:

First, I want to publicly THANK Pierre and Tony2001 for squashing not
one, but *TWO* bugs I managed to stumble across in my latest endeavor.

Their patience with my bumbling through bogus hypotheses and red
herrings in my bug reports should be specially commendated.

Next, I'm pretty sure I know what CURLOPT_BINARYTRANSFER is for, and
am posting a [SOLVED] in case others stumble across this thread.

I have trimmed out all my false conjectures, and left the Truth.

> Can anybody expand on the meaning and correct usage of:
> CURLOPT_BINARYTRANSFER

> [found on the net]
> "That option is not an actual curl option, in fact -- it has something
> to do with PHP's own internals."
>
> [nb]
> Which would go a long way to explaining why I'm not finding
> BINARYTRANSFER documented on the curl site, eh?
> It's strictly a PHP internals thing?
> [/nb]

But does make me wonder why my correct User Contributed Note
encompassing much of the following was nuked...

Oh well.  Hopefully those in need find this post.

> #1.
> If you want to get binary data through curl, such as a JPEG/GIF or
> whatever, you need this so PHP will not treat the data as a
> null-terminated string, but will store it as a binary string
> internally.

Note that flip-flopping BINARYTRANSFER from false/true/false... was
(for me, at least, in CLI, at least) triggering a bug which has been
fixed in CVS, so you may have troubles with that unless you upgrade.

The fix is in 5.1 snaps, so I guess it will be in 5.1.3?

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm