Re: php with ajax - uploading pictures

At 9:01 PM -0500 4/10/06, Richard Lynch wrote:
On Sun, April 9, 2006 3:21 pm, Merlin wrote:
 I am searching for a good upload framework that works with PHP and
 AJAX
 to provide an upload interface that uploads one picture instantly,
 shows
 the thumbnail and displays another upload formfield to select the next
 picture for upload.

 Is there something like this, or similar around?

I dunno where you plan to put the AJAX part...

-snip- code

Richard:

My understanding and experience (granted limited thus far) -- is that it's not like you put ajax into something, but rather the other way around. You use ajax to insert/inject code between specific html tags (i.e., DOM) to preform certain operations within those tags. Nothing else is changed.

As such, he could put the entire snip-it of code you just provided under the direction of ajax to be used within portion of the form that the loads images. That way only the loaded image would change and not the entire form.

While the demo below is not uploading a picture from a desktop, it is loading a picture from a file using ajax without reloading the entire page.

http://www.xn--ovg.com/ajax_w_picts/

Replace the code that is "loading the picture from a file" with "uploading the picture from the desktop", and you have what he's asking.

However, using ajax here is not going to speed things up and by comparison, a simple refresh will take much less time than uploading an image -- so, what's the point other than not seeing a refresh?

HTH's

tedd