a better way to transfer data?

Hello all,

I am currently running freetds on a linux box that needs to move data from a
remote mssql db to the local mysql db.  I wanted to use bcp but freetds
couldn't as the data I am moving contains a blob field.  I am currently
using php to select all the rows from the mssql db, and then looping through
the results and putting them into the local mysql db but this is horribly
slow and there has to be a better way.

How can I do this more efficiently?

Thanks!