RE: mod_rewrite q's: syntax?

On Mon, April 10, 2006 12:50 am, Micky Hulse wrote:
> [...]

Another alternative, if mod_rewrite confuses you as much as it does me...

.htaccess
<Files folder>
  ForceType application/x-httpd-php
</Files>
DocumentIndex folder

folder
<?php
  $pathinfo = $_SERVER['PATH_INFO']; //I always forget if it's
PATHINFO or...
  //do whatever you want with the $pathinfo to include the right code
or return the right content or...
?>

On the plus side, this doesn't force people into example.com when they
went to www.example.com -- It just works. :-)

PS

I you do stick with mod_rewrite, turn mod_rewrite_debug *ON* and tail
-f your http error_log for awhile.

You'll learn a lot about what will/won't work for mod_rewrite in your
rules...

The warnings about mod_rewrite debugging/logging performance issues
are a bit over-stated, I think...

Or, at least, you need to do this on a development server with "real"
traffic patterns for your testing, if doing it live is a non-option.

Doing it on only the URLs *you* think of typing doesn't count.  Those
pesky real users can come up with some really interesting URLs to
type... :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm