cron via cPanel (revisited)

Hi gang:

Well my host responded with a very helpful reply to my request for help, he said:

-- quote --
Ok corn jobs is working on server. But my host says there is something wrong with the script.
-Have a great day
-- un-quote --

Now, it should be clear to everyone what the problem was -- I thought is was a cron job, and it turns out to be a corn job -- I don't even want to go there.

In any event, my cPanel calls for three things:

1. An email address of where to send the error messages.

2. The command line you want the cron to execute.

3. And, the times you want the cron to run.

Now, with 1 and 3, I got the idea. But, with 2 -- I can't get it to work.

I've tried:

/usr/local/bin/php /home/tedd/public_html/my_email.php

curl -N http://www.xn--ovg.com/my_email.php

but, neither work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

tedd

ps: The above "my_email.php" does not exist -- I use another php app that sends me an email. I just didn't want to make it public so that I might receive 50K emails from this post.