Re: Timestamp needed in error log

quoth the John Hicks:
> I would like to configure my PHP 4.3 to include a timestamp in its error
> messages.
>
> It appears that PHP defaults to no timestamp. I can't a find a directive
> that allows me to configure this.
>
> Do I have to recompile?
>
> I've never looked at the source before. Any pointers on where I should
> look for the error message generation?
>
> I posted a similar query a week ago and got no response.
>
> Any response would be appreciated:
>
> --Does anyone have a PHP that is configured with a timestamped error log?
>
> --Is there a reason not to have a timestamp?
>
> --Would you, like me, like to have the date and time in the error messages?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Hicks

You don't explain much about your setup here, but on mine, I just write my
errors to the apache error log, which provides its own timestamp.

Another option is to log to the system logs:
error_log = syslog  # in php.ini

and use your loggers filter facilities to keep the php messages in a separate
file. Again, here syslog will provide its own timestamp.

-d