Re: PHP Book Recommendation

it depends on your programming level and taste of reading
I really like "Advanced PHP programming" but some people he's a lousy
teacher, SitePoint books are the most reader friendly books but maybe
they aren't the most valuable books in the market.

In the last two months the market got load of new PHP books but this
time it wasn't General-PHP books but php-specific-topic books, namely
design patterns, security, php5 objects etc..
so the best now is to look for php book talking about specific php
related topic

for me the best are
Topic 			book
General 		Advanced PHP Programming
Security:		Ilia's security book "Guide to php security"
OOP patterns:		PHP design patterns
PHP5/general php	:php5 power programming
Tools/extensions/internals:	essential php tools

Finally the best is to read some chapters of the book to see if you like
how it's written and to check reviewers comments on Amazon.