Re: how to run 'periodic'

Frank,

It sounds like you need to run this as a job through crond. I'm not sure
what the OSX version is (maybe they have a port of crond?) but you could set
that up to execute the specific code, as root, whenever you want. As far as
I can think, and maybe Chris Shifflet can confirm/deny this, you shouldn't
be running into any additional security issues by executing the script as
root - As long as it's running through the CLI version of PHP. Just make
sure it's only executable by root and then root should be the only one
allowed to create that mammoth ;-)

- Joe