Php Script Stumped!

Hi.
doing this script for an assignment, and got it basically working.
the only problems are:

1. wen i load the user form, the focus goes to the login button, and not the first form field.
did try putting one it, did not like it.
so how do i do this?
is there a basic dom example, how to set focus on a form field, when the form loads?
2. got a user name and password.
and enter username and password, and when the php script loads, it shows the user name and the password.
want to hide this, and only have the message, now how do i accomplish this?
tried things on the web and tried on google, but could not find any thing for this. 3. and got to provide the time, but how do i format it say for australian east standard time?
just got the standard time, and jaws reads it out, as one line of text.
will paste the user form and php code.
if any one can offer code snippets, or point me to links, and examples, let me know. sorry about this, but these are stumping me and banging my head up against the brick wall, so, would ask.
cheers Marvin.

User Form:

<head>
<title>User Login Form</title>
</head>
<form action="UserDetails.php" method="post">
</form>

Php Script:

<?php
echo $_POST['username'];
echo $_POST['password'];
echo "Marvin Hunkin has successfully logged into the Tafe network. <br>\n";
echo "Please Wait ... Loading Your Personal Settings ... <br>\n";
echo time();
?>but