Re: proc_open and unix pty support

*SHOULD* is the operative word here, since its *not*. No matter whether its a linux, osX or freebsd box that I try using pty support on with php 5.1.2 it says that pty support is not available for my system. Further checking in the user-contributed notes on this page:

http://us2.php.net/proc_open

reveals a user comment that appears to be the exact description of the problem:

>andrew dot budd at adsciengineering dot com
>28-Dec-2005 09:55
>The pty option is actually disabled in the source for
>some reason via a >#if 0 && condition.  I'm not sure
>why it's disabled.  I removed the 0 >&& and recompiled,
>after which the pty option works perfectly.  Just a
>note.

except that it doesn't say WHERE in the source. I can't find it. #if 0 && shows up about a million times. anyone got any advice? I swear i'm not crazy.

Chris wrote:
Jon wrote:
Has anyone worked with ptys using proc_open? I want to try it out but it appears to be disabled at the source level and I don't know how to re-enable it. Any info at all is appreciated.

Stupid question - you're using php5 right? It should already be there:

http://php.net/proc_open

PHP 5 introduces pty support for systems with Unix98 ptys.