Re: Re: PHP AJAX Framework - Suggestions Please

At 06:25 PM 4/3/2006, Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks for everyone who have replied. Its seems Manuel's suggestion
regarding iFrame sounds really good. BTW, I am using Savant as template
engine, and integrate it with Manuel Forms Generation and Validation would be
a good idea (there is a Smarty plugin for this class, but I am using Savant).

Basically, I have a problem porting my own FileMaker database with many
multi-page forms (plus large tables and big drop-down lists, displaying
thousands of items). Things made quickly with native GUI tools often very
difficult to port to Web-based GUI.
<snip>

Andrei,

Had to do the same thing a couple of years ago, one of the fields involved European phone numbers. No matter what "native" export method I tried, the phone numbers ended up getting converted to exponential notation.

IIRC when dumping the data FileMaker saw that field as numbers and treated it accordingly. So I dumped it, sucked it into FoxPro, opened up the .dbf header and changed the field to character, and saved it. Then it could be imported into Access ( which was what the customer wanted.)

Hope this is helpful - Miles