Re: Database connections

I have almost finished making a set of scripts that would communicate with
maybe 1k sites to start with...

I'm sorry I cannot give you more details about the scripts but this guy is
really nervious and had me sign an NDA etc etc

but what i would like to know is; would there be a problem with connecting
to the database many hundred/thousand times a minute? (esp on a shared
server as this guy and I cannot afford a dedicated at this point)
Mostly the "normal/usual" queries...eg: select, update, delete very little
JOIN or sub-selects

There's no problem doing that... 1,000 times a minute is only 16 queries a second. That's not that bad from a technical point of view, but from a political point of view you'd have to ask your ISP what they think.

ISP's have been known to get upset about this sort of stuff... just depends on what their rules are.