PHP MVC

Hey all, thanks for all the help upfront!

In MVC I have a controller e.g PermissionController.php for my application which manages permissions of groups/users etc...

So a controller loads up, and assuming theres nothing passed in request loads the default module in this case Permissions. (module or model which ever you want to call it).

The controller calls the execute method on Permission module, and then the view method of that module.

My question is... the view needs to have a select box with all the groups so you can select the group for which you want to set the permissions for, how can i allow the permission module to retrieve this data and display it.

Basically would i need to do something like pass back an action from the permission module to the controller to call a function of the groups module to get the groups, or can i access the groups module directly from the permission module.

If anyone can help and maybe give me an diagram/example would be much appreciated.