Re: php error reporting problem

I checked the apache error log and the error is written there just as I
expected like below.

[client 127.0.0.1] PHP Parse error:  parse error, unexpected T_STRING,
expecting ',' or ';'   on line 90, referer: http://localhost/form.html

The problem is I know what the error is. What I want is for the error to be
shown when I run the script not to be just written to the error log. I tried
changing display_errors = On and error_reporting = On in php.ini , restarted
httpd but when I check with phpinfo() I still see display_errors set to Off
and error_reporting set to 2047. My php script still does not show any
errors. Why are my changes to php.ini not refrlected when I run phpinfo() ?
Where am I getting it all wrong?

Display_error and errror_reporting were a typo. I wrote these correctly
while editing php.ini. I mean I wrote display_errors and error_reporting.

Thanks in advance