RE: private $foo

I am always using 'foo' in conversation and finally said it enough that
the CEO used it in a meeting the other day. Setter functions are cool.

That's interesting -- not meaning any disrespect, and this is just an opinion -- but in the newly published "PHP Phrasebook" by Christian Wenz (an excellent book btw), he says:

"Another phrase I promise you will not find in this book is anything that looks like foo, bar, baz, or any other proofs of very little imagination."

While you may not agree with his statement, but I personally don't like the use of terms like those for I find them confusing. I would much rather like to see real world examples. From there I can make the translation to what I want. But using terms like $foo just adds another level of abstraction for me understand. But, I'm also simple.

tedd