Re: How to ping a webserver with php?

Barry schrieb:
Merlin wrote:
Hi there,

I do have a webserver (that also runns php 4.x) running which I would like to ping from an intranet server. In case that the webserver is down and therefore my webapp the php script which does the ping should send an e-mail which results in a message on my mobile.

Are there any commands for PHP which you can recommend for doing that?

The plan was to write a php file which does the ping and e-mail thing and execute it via cron every few minutes.

Can somebody give me a hint on the commands I could use for the ping?

Thanx, merlin
http://pear.php.net/manual/de/html/package.networking.net-ping.ping.html

Greets
    Barry

Hi,

that looks exactly like what I am looking for. Now there is just on problem:
I can't get pear running :-(

phpinfo tells me that I have compiled with pear:
Version 4.3.11 '--with-PEAR'
But there is no further entry inside teh output of phpinfo on pear.

What do you recommend? Do I have to install pear by hand, or would it help to install the newest 4.x tree of php which hopefully comes with pear?

Thanx,

Merlin