RE: Three quickies anyone?

[snip]
1.
I start my CLI scripts with:
#!/usr/local/etc/php

as thats the path on my machine... the problem is some of these scripts
will
have to  be installed on clients machines by them... any easy way for
them
to find out whats the path PHP is installed on their machine? (this q is
more of a doubt really)

is it the same as $_SERVER["include_path"]
[/snip]

Have them go to the command line and type 'which php' and  it will
return the path.

[snip]
2.
This ones more of an Apache question but related to my php script and I
think its safe to assume everyone on this list has worked with Apache
and
some have a ****ing good understanding of the server.

Basically I am trying to pipe some data into my php script by adding
this to
my .htaccess file:
CustomLog "| /home/petpass/public_html/test/testing.php"

but it gives me an error as I try to access the directory where the
.htaccess file is in....

it works perfectly fine when/if I add the exact same directive in my
httpd.conf file though.... so, does the format need to be changed in
some
way to add it to my .htaccess file or is it simply not allowed in the
htaccess file?
[/snip]

What are the permissions of the directory?

[snip]
3.
This should be a rather simple question but I just confused myself after
reading/searching google (i do that to myself sometimes, totally
unintentional really)
Can I run CLI/Shell scripts
eg: scripts that began with the  #!<php path>
on machines that have PHP loaded as a CGI and as a module or only as a
CGI
or only as a module?
[/snip]

I have actually used PHP to run scripts from the command line like this
before the CLI version came out. As long as the path is correct you
shouldn't have a problem.