Three quickies anyone?

Hey,
I am new to CLI and using PHP to run shell but need to know it so am getting
my feet wet, hopefully with your help :-)

Now when I said three quickies, I mean three PHP RELATED quickies of
course...if you thought anything otherwise... you have a wicked mind.

Here goes:

1.
I start my CLI scripts with:
#!/usr/local/etc/php

as thats the path on my machine... the problem is some of these scripts will
have to  be installed on clients machines by them... any easy way for them
to find out whats the path PHP is installed on their machine? (this q is
more of a doubt really)

is it the same as $_SERVER["include_path"]

2.
This ones more of an Apache question but related to my php script and I
think its safe to assume everyone on this list has worked with Apache and
some have a ****ing good understanding of the server.

Basically I am trying to pipe some data into my php script by adding this to
my .htaccess file:
CustomLog "| /home/petpass/public_html/test/testing.php"

but it gives me an error as I try to access the directory where the
.htaccess file is in....

it works perfectly fine when/if I add the exact same directive in my
httpd.conf file though.... so, does the format need to be changed in some
way to add it to my .htaccess file or is it simply not allowed in the
htaccess file?

3.
This should be a rather simple question but I just confused myself after
reading/searching google (i do that to myself sometimes, totally
unintentional really)
Can I run CLI/Shell scripts
eg: scripts that began with the  #!<php path>
on machines that have PHP loaded as a CGI and as a module or only as a CGI
or only as a module?

And in closing lets see if I can borrow a bit from the multitude of chain
letters that I get:

If you answer all three questions quickly and in detail to the best of your
ability you will get a phone call from your true love in the next 30
minutes, if not you will have bad luck for the next 3 years...

Hehe, jokes aside, if you can shed light to any of the above by writing and
tell me or just replying with a link to where I can read up and "dig" out
the answer, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan