Re: Creating a Window without JavaScript that is on top

On Wed, March 22, 2006 1:23 pm, Todd Cary wrote:
> Is there a way to create a Window that is like the Help or Popup
> type windows one can create with JavaScript?
>
> I have an event calendar and I want the link for the event to go
> to a PHP page, but I want the page to be on top and have focus
> with a Close button.  The PHP page will have some PHP code that
> will display the data passed by the GET var.

You can use PHP to echo out JavaScript to popup a window that has a
URL back to a PHP script, and pass whatever you want into the GET
paramaters of that URL...

But this actually has almost NOTHING to do with PHP per se.

PHP lives on the server.  Period.

PHP code never executes or does anything in the browser.  Period.

By the time you want to popup your window, PHP is *gone* from the
process -- It has already served up the HTML, finished its output, and
gone back to bed.

Examine the HTTP process of URL request, and response, and browser
display, and pretend you have a slow-motion camera in your head --
Repeat this until you understand why your question doesn't even really
belong here.

Cuz you're gonna save yourself (and us) a lot of grief in coming
days/months/years if you do, and you're gonna be very frustrated if
you don't.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm