RE: Why does this work on one server, but not another?

Hi gang:

Another update.

The detect magic_quotes_gpc ON and then either do, or don't do, addslashes() thing (see below) provided kindly by Dave doesn't work.

function myslashes($data) {

return (get_magic_quotes_gpc() == 1) ? $data : addslashes($data);
}

On both of the servers, the magic_gpc thing is ON.

I found on the server with magic_quotes_runtime ON, it didn't make any difference to addslashes or not (I suspect there is something more going on there, but don't need to go into this right now), it worked in both cases.

However, on the problematic server that has magic_quotes_runtime OFF -- it didn't make any difference either to addslashes or not because it failed in both cases.

I'm open to more suggestions.

tedd