Switching to UTF-8. Need help.

Hi to all,

We are developing a multilanguage application, and slowly it seems that the Latin1(ISO 5589 1) encoding is not enough.
I tried simply to convert the database and the encoding of the php to UTF-8, but I'm getting some problems.

If I make an echo 'möbel, Belgien' the browser does not show me the correct character. If I look in the source of the document the character is good. Default encoding of the browser is UTF-8. If I change manually the browser encoding then the chars are showed correclty.

We have a lot of "defines" with fix texts, which are full with german and french characters. Any of these aren't shower correctly.

What is the workaround for this?

Best regards,
Andy.