Re: Accessing data posted from a different URL

On Mon, March 20, 2006 5:04 pm, René Fournier wrote:
> <form method="POST" target="SI" action="http://
> www.website.com"><input type="hidden" name="signindetails"
> value="serialized and htmlentitized array values..."><input

What does this value actually look like?

How long is it?

Is mail wrapping it to 72 characters with a newline, thereby breaking
the data up?

Though you would still get some POST data, just not what you thought...

> type="submit" name="submit" value="Fill"></form>
>
> I've narrowed it down a little farther:
>
> 1. If I copy the form from the email into the destination php page
> ("ProcessSignin.php"), and click Submit, it works?I get can see the
> $_POST["signindetails"]
>
> 2. If I copy the form from the email into the original php page
> ("MakeandSendSignin.php"), and click Submit (with
> action="ProcessSignIn.php"), it works?I can see the $_POST
> ["signindetails"]
>
> 3. ONLY if I click the Submit FROM the email?email client Mac OS X
> Mail.app or Outlook Excell?does it fail. The destination php page
> ("ProcessSignin.php") appears, but print_r($_POST) reveals no $_POST
> ["signindetails"].
>
> So, it appears that the email clients are stripping the POST data on
> Submit.

Possibly.

Here's an idea:

Take all that signindetail you want and cram it into a database table,
with a unique random key field to look it up.

You can then use method="GET" or even a simple link like:
http://example.com/signin?key=345kjh46kjn345984y3569078v9

For those of us who don't even READ html-enhanced (cough, cough)
email, it's better anyway. :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm