Re: Re: Accessing data posted from a different URL

Jay Blanchard wrote:

All of these, XML, HTML, XHTML are subsets of SGML.
Your point being? Because my point is centered around the simple fact that XML is easier to parse than generic SGML. XML and SGML aren't fully compatible, if you really want to spot on the differences. XML is stricter, meaning there are fewer possible character representations of the same document, which eases parseability and machine-to-machine interoperability.

Easy there sport, no need to fling words like 'crap' around and make
assertions about posters, especially when you do not know them.
Okay, I'm sorry. Dude, you touched a soft spot. It's important, to me, that people respect standards. The wealth of information and communication possibilities that exist today is, in no small part, fueled by the adoption of international standards.