Re: Accessing data posted from a different URL

#1. Show us the FORM.

#2. Show us the email itself

#3. Show us the code that processes the POST data.

Without that, we're just guessing in the dark.

Can you make the form work on your server, WITHOUT the email involved?

Check your httpd.conf carefully.  There is no inherent reason why this
shouldn't work, but it would be trivial for you to configure
httpd.conf to make it NOT work if you wanted it that way.

What version of PHP are you running?  Is it so old that $_POST is
really $HTTP_POST_VARS ?  Yikes.  Upgrade!

Add this as the first line to your processing script:

<?php phpinfo();?>

Now use your email to POST to it.

What do you see in the output about POST and involving your INPUTs in
the form?

On Mon, March 20, 2006 4:03 pm, René Fournier wrote:
> Hmm, perhaps I didn't explain clearly. To put it another:
>
> 1. A script sends an email to a user with sign-in details.
> 2. The user clicks a [submit] button in the email message called
> "Quick Sign In"
> 3. A web browsers opens to http://www.website.com/signin.php (from
> the <form method="post" action="http://www.website.com/sign.php";> in
> the email)
> 4. Signin.php looks for $_POST["signindetails"] and auto-fills the
> form.
>
> Except the form post is not posting signindetails...
>

> On 20-Mar-06, at 2:57 PM, Jay Blanchard wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>> I have a script that periodically sends an email that includes  form
>> post to a script, which is meant to do something with the posted
>> data.
>>
>> My problem is that apparently some PHP security measure is not
>> permitting the externally posted data to be access via $_POST. I
>> assume this is due to cross-site scripting issues, but in this case,
>> I want to do just that. Any ideas?
>> [/snip]
>>
>> http://www.php.net/curl
>>

> --