Re: Till Drawers

Albert wrote:
Oli Howson wrote:

I'm interested in the possibility of connecting a computer running A PHP server to a till drawer and have the server able to open the drawer. Anyone know how this would work?

That all depends on how your till drawer opens.

The easiest would be to write a command line utility in C which opens your
cash drawer. When you need to open the drawer you run the application from
the PHP script using exec().

Albert

yeah I think you would send through a serial command to the drawer, AFAIK you can get the commands from the manual of the till drawer.

You also get till drawers that kick open when you print, that is if you want the till to open each time you print...

Let us know if you come right and what you did to do it succsssfully.

Angelo