Re: PHP hosting with multiple domains?

On Mon, January 30, 2006 11:34 am, gryffyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The thing I'm having trouble nailing down is one that might let me
> host multiple domains under a single hosting account and share
> bandwidth and HD space.

Check out http://mediatemple.com

They offer what they call alternate domains, whereby you can host other websites within your own, sharing disk space, bandwith, and stats.
https://www.mediatemple.net/services/webhosting/feature_highlights/multi-domain/

You point the alternate domain's IP to your own nameservers and ask Media Temple's tech support crew (whose service I really like, by the way) to activate it as an alternate domain. Then the alternate domain has the external look & feel of an independent domain. This is MUCH cleaner than the frame-driven approach some other hosts provide for sub-hosting.

Because of the shared assets we don't use alternate domains for our serious client accounts, whom we figure ought to have their own webstats and admin control panel, but I've found it perfect for pet projects, workspaces, and certain small client sites for whom we perform all admin functions.

Paul