Re: How to get a network drive name

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Moseby" <JMoseby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Ibrahima TALL'" <ibrahima.tall@xxxxxxxxx>; <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:44 PM
Subject: RE:  How to get a network drive name

> Is there anything you can type at the command line to see
the drive name
> info you want?  'LABEL' perhaps?  If not, I do not know of
any way to get
> what you are looking for.

LABEL and VOL give the name of the volume (ie of the
partition), but not the
drive name.
Thanks much however for having tryed to help me.

But you didn't answer the important part: "Is there anything you can type at the command line to see the drive name info you want?" Because if there is,
you can parse it out.

No, i said to barry, i have tried all the command i knew, but nothing gives me this information. I have found a javaScript(VB to does it) solution in internet but this one uses the ActiveX controls witch are compatible only with InternetExplorer.

One last shot.  In the Windows resource kit (
http://download.microsoft.com/download/winntsrv40/rktools/1.0/NT4/EN-US/sp4r
k_i386.Exe ), there is a utility called 'reg.exe' that will allow you to
query the registry and get an answer.  You could find where Windows stores
these drive names in the registry and use reg.exe to dump it out.  Then
parse the output as before.

This link doesn't work for me, i'm in France and i have finished my day's work, i will continue tomorrow, ok. I was in the windoz registry too, HCU/Network but this information is not there, i will try to do a complete search in the registry tomorrow.

TALL Ibrahima.

$drive_names=`reg query HKLM\path\to\arbitrary\drive\names`;

JM