Re: How to get a network drive name

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Moseby" <JMoseby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "'Ibrahima TALL'" <ibrahima.tall@xxxxxxxxx>; "Jim Moseby" <JMoseby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:22 PM
Subject: RE:  How to get a network drive name

The "Distant" column is the UNC name of the X: notation, but
on my computer
this X: letter is in fact IBRAHIMA(X:) named.
You can do it by mapping a network driver on your desktop,
then do a right
click to rename it, so you can give the name you want. For
example the X:
becomes IBRAHIMA(X:). What i need again is not the X: string
or the UNC form
but IBRAHIMA. and this information is not displayed with the
NET USE command
you can trust me for having done it.

I am at a disadvantage here because I do not run XP.

Is there anything you can type at the command line to see the drive name
info you want?  'LABEL' perhaps?  If not, I do not know of any way to get
what you are looking for.

LABEL and VOL give the name of the volume (ie of the partition), but not the drive name.
Thanks much however for having tryed to help me.

JM