RE: Hide email addresses from spam bots

> A user of mine insists that her email address shows on a web page. I need to
protect that address from spam bots. There are lots of solutions around that
I have come acros. I am looking for a clean, reusable, non-_javascript_
solution.
I don't know if it's what you're looking for but on some of my sites I use a small graphic "@" symbol. I then use eregi_replace to identify email addresses and insert the appropriate html tag so that the text @ is replaced by the image @. This is very simple and does not provide a click-to-email link ... which would require development in a slightly different direction ... but it does provide the reader with the look-and-feel of an email address without the ease of harvest that a true address provides. Of course, also, you cannot copy the text and paste it into your mailer ... you end-up with no @ at all.

Cheers
Dougal

This email and its accompanying attachments is intended for the named recipient only and may contain information that is confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender and destroy the message. If you have received this message in error you must not distribute or copy this email or its attachments. The Civil Aviation Authority accepts no responsibility for any changes made to this message after transmission from the Civil Aviation Authority. Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and other effects.