Need some PHP file retrieval magic....

I have searched and googled and experimented, but to no avail.

I need to take a web site done in ASP, retrieve it, change the .asp to
.html, make sure that the links don't break, make sure that query strings
get coverted, etc, etc, etc so that I can take a portion of the current
(*SHUDDER*) web site and place it on CD's so that our reps can have
electronic catalogs. Previously this was all done somehow by hand, but the
former idiot didn't document the process.

I have tried wget, but it adds html extensions AFTER the query string so
that foo.asp?region=ca looks something like foo.asp@region=ca.html . Does
anyone know of a PHP solution? Please? Someone tell me that there is an
easier way.

Thanks very much, I really owe you beers if you come up with a solution.....