Re: Wysiwyg editors?

William Stokes wrote:
Hello,

Once again no PHP question...

Rare seen here >_>

If I want to allow users to design and create their own static pages and store them to a server as a part of larger site what ways I have to do this?

Probably try mambo, typo3 there are >>>!!!LOTSA!!!<<< CMS Scripts out there.
You are just to lazy to search for them!

I once tested htmlarea (http://www.htmlarea.com/) and I think thats something I'm looking for. I don't have time or skills to do the editor all by myself so I have to use some already available components. They also should be freeware since it's a non-commercial site and I'm doing this as a hobby. I think there's no free version of htmlarea anymore?

This is not a scripting List, it's a PHP coder mailing list -_-"
http://www.google.de/search?q=wysiwyg+online+html+editor

First of all. In the htmlareas site there's a comment: "Both Mozilla (includes FireFox) and Internet Explorer include a way to make sections of a page editable. IE has the MSHTML Editing Platform, and Mozilla has Midas." So what about Opera? Are there wysiwyg editors for Opera? The one time I tested Htmlarea it only worked on IE.

Editable for the viewing client, bot not for other clients at all.

Second. What are the ways to store user created pages? Just dump all the code the editor outputs to database? Or are there other options?

Save them as file O_o ?

Mad greets
	Barry

--